Monday, March 10, 2014

What's different?

The prompt was 'How has blogging changed your life? Tell us one thing that is different now than from before you started blogging?

Really nothing too much to it, I could write about this for pages,but it'll keep it simple. Blogging didn't change too much about my life. But it helped me set my priorities a little straight. I don't care about anything on my blog other than my writing. I'm not mature enough, my writing is decent and I'm learning.

I always believed that I could write, but having a "belief" is not good enough. Blogging helped me change this 'belief' into reality. I now have a writing job for which my blog link was in some ways helpful. Someone told me they looked at my blog and liked it. Which could be mere formality. But it was there.

I got my internship because of my blog, that's the thing with writing. I can say I write, but I need to show some work, my blog became my face. It became a pretty big part of my life. I don't write often and I don't think I can possibly stick to writing everyday or so I tell myself everyday.


Writing is just half of blogging, the other half is reading. Now, I do this quite diligently, I read as many blogs as I can. (I don't comment on any these days) but it has got me to read the wondrous lives of so many people as they tell their story, some exceptional tales of courage, some bickering, so happiness. But the point of it all is this sudden realisation that Maggie Lawate you are not alone. There are thousands if not millions with the same insecurities that you do. Same ambitions. Same dreams. It gives me a lot of peace knowing I'm not alone.


Writing is a painfully lonely process, blogging adds the company.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully done Maggie. It is what blogging is for me as well, to feel more belonged in this world..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!