Friday, March 21, 2014

Do you do more for yourself or for others?

I do more for myself. I would be lying if I said I do more for others. The only person who does more for others than themselves are parents and I'm not one so I will not attempt to say stuff like that.

I've done my share for people, but that's not 'doing'. It's just basic courtesy. I'd like to meet people who do more for others than themselves. What selfless people they must be. Imagine to put someone's needs ahead of your own. Does that make them happy? Does that shock them to wake up one day that they've been doing more for others than for themselves? Do they like doing more for others than themselves?

I'm all for doing things for others, but I don't think I have ever done more for others than myself. If I have, then I know very kind people who expect very little from me. I don't think it is humanly possible to do more for others than yourself and anyone who does is an exception than a rule.

I will speak for myself, I don't think I do more for people than myself. I will try my best to help, but beyond that, I don't think I can confidently say I've done more for someone else.

I think parents and parents alone do more for others and others being their children. Work, smile, keep their kids safe, go though pain that is inexplicable (Holy Shit childbirth), go through what can only be described as madness (sorry, maa). If we're going to talk about selfless people who do good for others, I'm sorry to have never met them.

It's like Joey says "There is no selfless act" you do things because it makes you happy, and caring about your happiness is essentially selfish. Philanthropy also being a part of this.

I am one of those people who believes that the more you do for yourself the more independent you become, the more you get to do for others. By that logic, I have done more for myself and even without that logic I've done more for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!