Saturday, October 20, 2012

People I haven't met.

My best friend is somebody I haven't met. No, I haven't ever met. This post is inspired by my friends who I call my buddies that I talk to more often that those who I meet on a daily basis. I was quite surprised when I first opened up to Dipti. I wasn't ever expecting myself to commit to this friendship in way that I do today. I would never expect myself to make plans to meet her, talk to her everyday and continue these conversations. It has been two years now and I have never felt a stronger bond with somebody. Dipti is not the only one, I have a few friends who I haven't ever met and still call friends. I see how quirky and uncomfortable it can be to imagine being friends with these people who live far away. If there is anything the 21st Century has taught us, it is to not trust people, specially people you don't see for yourself. You are constantly told how you could get in a lot of trouble.

I have met a lot of people I call my friends, some of whom are visually inaccessible. The beauty of the whole situation is that it is just as regular as any friendship.

I nicked this from Dipti's wall :) This kinda sums up my relationship with my online friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!