Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What would I do instead of write?

I am in one of those moods. I want to write but I am really not finding anything I want to write about, you know what would be perfect? My blanket and a TV show. My TV show obsession is a little new. Especially the constant drone of it in my life. People don't really understand why I would watch a show repeatedly or keep following up with shows, it has become a lifestyle. I wake up early in the morning if I have just so I can watch a show.

This is a heartfelt post on how TV shows have helped me. I don't want to talk about the same things that I have in the past few days, because I am spoilt for choices, I made a list of shows and all of them are special, I can't narrow it down to just a few. So I decided to change it up a bit. I'm going to talk about my favorite bits about sitcoms.

TV shows have really come a long way and brought me along, from watching FRIENDS to watching Modern Family and many other offbeat shows in between, I've realised, I don't care much about the plot as I do about the people. I want my characters to have a heart. I have really come to identify myself with so many characters and put an exact name to a dilemma thanks to these TV shows. They've been a constant in my life, over the last few years.


When you watch a show, do you want to be sad? scared? disturbed? angry or do you want to laugh? I am someone who has zero tolerance for Drama, so I will throw out any show that adds drama I don't need in life. I hate cliffhangers. I cannot stand shows that will disturb me, nope. No 5000 bees flying out of someone's mouth type imagery. I don't care for it. I don't want to be angry either, which is where my insistence on shows not being douchey with obnoxious characters. That's my friends is how I end up watching the shows I do. The new independent shows that actually care about narrative, shows whose episodes I can afford to miss. Shows about every day family life, because showing that and making me laugh, that's the task I assign to my free time entertainment.    

1 comment:

  1. Oh my fav shows have been about people too. If i am not invested in the character - whether it makes me cry , laugh or hope then I would never ever watch the next episode again.
    you series makes me want to draw up a list of all the fabulous shows ive loved. How I met your mother being right on top [ yup higher than Friends coz you know .. TED!!! ]
    There's Forever , Castle , Grey's Anatomy , Suits and lately Queen of South.
    The other day I caught the first episode of Pitch -- you should really really try to check it out ..
    I see a post on TV shows coming up on my blog soon too ..

    ReplyDelete

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!