Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Do you feel like you reveal too much of yourself on your blog? Do you think you hold back too much?

Wow. Tough stuff. I hold back. Majorly. I'm writing this post a day in advance. also because I'm in the writing space. When I'm in my writing space, which is also when I'm completely silent, perhaps the only time I tell people to keep quiet. My roommates are asleep. My whatsapp isn't buzzing. My facebook window is closed. I'm listening to a song that's slowly going to stop playing without me realising to replay it.

Do I hold back? You've seen I've done it for a paragraph. I'm not secretive. I just don't voluntarily divulge information. I won't not tell you anything you ask me. I'll just not tell anyone things. But if those floodgates open, then there's a special hell to go through.

I once wrote this blog post. I poured my heart out and I mean it. I wrote a lot. I didn't want to stop. But then a few days later I decided it was a little too much information about myself and I didn't want it.

I don't write fiction because I think at a subconscious level you reveal too much. I choose to write exactly what I want to let people know. I want you to know I hold back and don't write my heart out and I'm blunt about it. I care a little too much about my privacy. (Weird that  choose to write this, huh) anyway. I don't think I want to put myself in either categories.

If my best friends read this post, they'd know exactly what I'm talking about when I said holding back. Otherwise, this is gibberish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!