Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sherlock!


“My mind,” he said, “rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”


- The famous lines in Sherlock Holmes!....

Sherlock lives on in the memory of all the book-readers, its one of those indispensable books that adorns a good bookshelf! it is like a must have! Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle created magic! the flow of the book is so simple yet so highly complex, at one point Sherlock and his sidekick Dr Watson are sitting in their Baker street living room smoking pipe the next minute Sherlock is out there catching the thief, who has so intelligently concealed his crime! but his intelligence falls short of Sherlock's understanding of crimianls.... all this is refelected when he is explaining the weirdest crime with the simplest of logic! for 15 pages you can keep reading what is happening, and then on page 16 last 10 lines lies the crux of the case, to keep something so hidden till the last page is truly amazing Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle manages to keep me hooked to Sherlock and his adventures even now every time i read the solitary cyclist ,the dancing men... or the Hound of Baskerville! or any of the 40 odd stories the mystery still takes hold of me and i cannot put it down!


in one word Sherlock Holmes is "UNPUTDOWNABLE"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!