I love lazy weekends, where you can sit and chill and not have the Monday blues. I could sit and home and read all day long. I like it even better when other people have to go outside for something and I get to spend my entire day at home!
When I have a holiday, I make sure there are somethings I need to do in order for it to feel like a holiday,
- I have to sleep in. I sleep in on a weekend. I cut myself off from the world, internet switched off, phone on silent and I'm asleep.Weekends are to detox.
- I go home, like I said I live away from home, but on a 3 day weekend I try to go home, it's almost the best thing to do and since I live close by, it isn't really that big a deal.
- I have to read. Friday nights are when I finish everything that's pending.Saturday and Sunday are for 'me time'. I will get into my blanket, book and music mode and curl up and read, all day long.
- I love catching up with my friends, I go out for a nice lunch or I head out to the nearest bookstore and spend my entire day there.
- I give everyone I miss a phone call. During the week, I almost never talk to people on the phone, because I really don't feel like it, Saturdays are for me to sit down and dial everyone I want to talk to. Aunts, Sisters, Friends, Cousins, brothers, Uncles. It's the kind of conversations that need time, I somehow made it my thing to call everyone over the weekend.
- Watch a movie or a TV Show. Almost every weekend I pick up a TV show that I want to watch and start watching it, this weekend I watched all of Suits a 2 season marathon.
- I read a blog or two. I don;t commit to writing over the weekend, but I definitely make it a point to go around reading a few blogs.